17 Dec Top 5 Men’s Grooming Mistakes in 2020
We all like to think we have our grooming regime perfected, but are you committing a critical grooming blunder without realizing it? A lot of men are guilty of this. Read on to discover whether you are one of them. Are you committing one of these men’s grooming errors…?
- Dry shaving – There is only one place to begin, and this is with dry shaving. Firstly, you need to make sure you invest in the best quality products. You can easily look for the best beard trimmer and shavers online based on the look you are trying to achieve. One big mistake to avoid is dry shaving. This is a bad idea because it can cause razor burn and ingrown hairs.
- Too much aftershave – We all know that one guy who wears way too much aftershave. If you don’t, then the chances are it’s you! You have no doubt heard that you can have way too much of something good, and this is exactly the case regarding too much aftershave. Anything more than two sprays at your pulse points could be too overwhelming, depending on the nature of the scent. Your pulse points are your wrists and behind your ears.
- Threading your eyebrows – This is one slippery slope that you don’t want to go down. Once you start threading, your eyebrows get thinner and thinner, and before you know it, you’re rivalling your girlfriend. Stick to plucking a couple of stray hairs and nothing more.
- Getting stuck in a grooming rut – Most men will find themselves stuck in a grooming rut from time-to-time. If you feel like your grooming routine has been the same all of your life, it is time to make some adjustments. The problem is that you may be struggling to know where to start. Well, if you are someone that has stayed with their trusty hair gel for many years, why not branch out? You can easily achieve a more natural look without compromising on the strong-hold hair gel provides by using one of the other products that are available.
- Going too far with your grooming regime – Finally, you need to know when you have gone too far with your grooming regime. If it has taken over your life and you spend hours in front of the mirror, this is a good indication that you are doing way more than necessary. Of course, a good moisturizer and facial cleanser come recommended, but you don’t need to go for the eye cream too!
So there you have it: Five of the most common grooming mistakes that men make today. If you can avoid the blunders mentioned above, you can make sure your grooming regime is on point. Forget about threading and unnecessary products like eye cream and tone down the aftershave!